Seeking Assistant Manager for Tappo Ellicott Street
Competitive Pay, PTO, Potential for Career Growth
Oversees and supports the operation of Tappo to ensure profitability and an enjoyable dining experience for all guests. As a professional member of the staff, you would work in conjunction with the general restaurant manager Amanda Wieszala to ensure all daily activities run smoothly and efficiently.
We are searching for a reliable, innovative assistant restaurant manager to supervise operations at our busy downtown restaurant. The assistant restaurant manager’s duties include but are not limited to daily cash requisition, supervision of payroll, inventory and ordering, daily shift management, training and disciplining of staff, maintaining restaurant cleanliness, upholding Tappo’s reputation, creating and running sales competitions, address customer complaints and queries in a swift, courteous manner.
To be successful as an assistant restaurant manager, you should help implement measures to minimize costs while improving profitability. An outstanding assistant restaurant manager will contribute to the professional development of staff and ongoing restaurant training.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the restaurant.
- Inducting and mentoring new staff members.
- Assigning opening and closing side work as well as tables/sections to waitstaff.
- Resolving customers’ questions and grievances in a professional manner.
- Ensuring that the restaurant adheres to pertinent health and safety regulations.
- Purchasing ingredients, utensils, and equipment as stock is damaged or depleted.
- Increase guest and staff retention and satisfaction.
- Ensure each guest who comes to Tappo feels welcomed, is well provided for, and leaves happy.
- Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
Assistant Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- Previous restaurant and/or supervisory experience.
- Intermediate accounting and arithmetic skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution abilities.
- Innovative, trustworthy, and impartial.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work 45-55 hours per week.
Apply below by submitting your contact information, uploading your resume, and telling us a little about yourself.